Best Chocolate Chip Cookie (submitted by Lori B.)
"Crisp edges, chewy middles."
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips 1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
3. Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
Outrageous Chocolate Chip Cookies (Submitted by Daniel D. from AllRecipies.com)
18 Servings, Prep Time: 15 Minutes, Cook Time: 10 Minutes
A great combination of chocolate chips, oatmeal, and peanut butter. She says to add Recees peanut butter chips for extra yumminess!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Stir in the peanut butter, vanilla and egg until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the batter just until moistened. Mix in the oats and chocolate chips until evenly distributed. Drop by tablespoonfuls on to lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges start to brown. Cool on cookie sheets for about 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.